Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP Omen laptop power on password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I bought an HP Omen laptop from Walmart.  It was a display model and they knocked some money off because it has a power on password.  I have no clue how to get rid of the password.  If I put the incorrect password in 3 times it sames something about the hp sparekey that I do not have.  I have tried resetting the bios with windows key + b, but the password is still there.  I currently have the motherboard out of the laptop and I am trying to use a ch341a programmer, but really have no idea what I am doing .  The bios chip is a Winbond 25Q80DVSIG 1806 if that helps.
Make current BIOS dump with CH341A programmer.
(11-09-2019, 02:48 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Make current BIOS dump with CH341A programmer.

I am not having any luck reading off of the bios.  i was able to read the video bios chip, but when I try to read off of the motherboard bios I get that it cannot detect the chip.  I have tried some different options, but i haven't had any luck.  Do you have a link to some software I should try?
I'm not a tutor.
Here is my bin file
(11-12-2019, 11:18 AM)sirpile Wrote: [ -> ]Here is my bin file
I will pay $50 to have the power on password removed from my bin file.
Thanks
(11-08-2019, 06:32 PM)sirpile Wrote: [ -> ]The bios chip is a Winbond 25Q80DVSIG 1806 if that helps.
It's not BIOS chip. It's too small. I think it's EC chip. Try to find other one on the motherboard.
Thanks I was focused on the wrong chip.  I think I got it this time.  It was hiding under the wireless card.  Also in case anyone else is having trouble I had to plug the power to the motherboard to get the reader to read the chip.  I saw that tip in another thread and it worked for me.
(11-13-2019, 10:13 AM)sirpile Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks I was focused on the wrong chip.  I think I got it this time.  It was hiding under the wireless card.  Also in case anyone else is having trouble I had to plug the power to the motherboard to get the reader to read the chip.  I saw that tip in another thread and it worked for me.

Did you resolve your problem?
KONNEX
Have you problem with password?
BTW: sirpile is no longer interested in solving his problem
Pages: 1 2