Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Automate applying BIOS settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I have a lot of servers running the same motherboard with the same kind of BIOS. I want to apply certain BIOS settings automatically without having to dig into BIOS setup. They are all running Gigabyte B360 HD3P boards, which has AMI Aptio V based BIOS. Is applying these settings as easy as dumping the BIOS from the flash chip, doing the changes, dumping again, then generating the diff of the binary file dumps, and using that diff to patch the BIOS and write it back on every other machine? Are there any caveats to doing this kind of an approach? The boards come equipped with a backup BIOS chip in case I make a mistake, so it's not high stakes or anything.

Thanks
I came up with another potential idea: find out the list of things that make a BIOS dump unique, such as
- MAC address
(yeah that's all I could come up with Tongue)
then take my working BIOS dump with all the settings preapplied and simply patch the unique info on top of it, then flash it onto the board.

If someone could provide me a list of such things, or a range of addresses that contain such information, so i can preserve those, it would be super appreciated, thanks Smile