Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] HP ProDesk 400 G1 DM BIOS Unlock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I successfully used the UBU-Tool to extract the Setup Forms. But I need some help to unhide/activate some of the options I found inside the BIOS:

a) PCIe ASPM global settings: 0x3596E, 0x47058
b) DDR3 Voltage Selection: 0x438DF, 0x5D4F0
c) remove TDP Lock, currently fixed at 35Watt: no idea where/how
d) Package power limit lock (for c) to work?): 0x365BB, 0x49C09
e) change Fan Idle Mode (0x64C7E) default/first step to a lower idle value (currently step 0 is @1000rpm) or OFF option.

It looks like all the stuff is in the Setup (actually sometimes twice?), but hidden/locked in the running BIOS. But the Fan Idle Mode is in there only once. I used AMIBCP 4.55.0070 so far, but the Forms do not load in it, lots of empty slots.

Also most of the settings are in there twice? Why?

Please have a look, I attach the BIOS and setup_extr.txt

Thank you,

f-s-e
I'm really interested in the same bios mod. TDP limit unlock would be really nice.
(11-29-2019, 02:10 AM)f-s-e Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I successfully used the UBU-Tool to extract the Setup Forms. But I need some help to unhide/activate some of the options I found inside the BIOS:

a) PCIe ASPM global settings: 0x3596E, 0x47058
b) DDR3 Voltage Selection: 0x438DF, 0x5D4F0
c) remove TDP Lock, currently fixed at 35Watt: no idea where/how
d) Package power limit lock (for c) to work?): 0x365BB, 0x49C09
e) change Fan Idle Mode (0x64C7E) default/first step to a lower idle value (currently step 0 is @1000rpm) or OFF option.

It looks like all the stuff is in the Setup (actually sometimes twice?), but hidden/locked in the running BIOS. But the Fan Idle Mode is in there only once. I used AMIBCP 4.55.0070 so far, but the Forms do not load in it, lots of empty slots.

Also most of the settings are in there twice? Why?

Please have a look, I attach the BIOS and setup_extr.txt

Thank you,

f-s-e

Hi~! guy.
Try my mod and give me a feedback.
http://katfile.com/7rmgc519u8x1/400g1_1.rar.html
To answer your question about the fan speed option, its not locked or greyed out in the original bios and has those steps (with the stars as a gauge) you can see at 0x64C7E, I would like lower the rpm for the first step to off / 0rpm, instead it shows a live value or 1000rpm at the moment.
The default value of Fan Idle Mode is zero star , it already the lowest fan speed(this option still need according to live temperature to run) , you only can adjust value between zero star to six star.

I found this machine is mini pc ,so i think 35w tdp limit is rational for temperature.
There are a few 45W TDP CPUs that may be worth putting in like the i5 4690T. But I think it's locked out with the limit like the other higher TDP CPUs.
(11-30-2019, 10:31 PM)genius239 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi~! guy.
Try my mod and give me a feedback.
http://katfile.com/7rmgc519u8x1/400g1_1.rar.html

Thanks, it worked very well (ASPM and many other things appeared). I attach the screenshots with the new and the original Bios.

But the thermal lock/limit values that were supposed to be there are still missing.

[attachment=17754][attachment=17755][attachment=17756][attachment=17757][attachment=17758]
Old "locked" BIOS and the fan speed part (already in the old BIOS)
[attachment=17764][attachment=17765][attachment=17766][attachment=17767]

Small bug in new unlocked (not important)
[attachment=17768]
This new Main tab is only a temporary wall , it indeed has some bug that some option can't appear normally.
If i only let Advanced and chipset tab appear in bios , when you going to bios , you might click into some submenu of Advanced tab directly ,it maybe change some value by accident.
So ,this tab need exist.

Could you see "Cpu fan check" on Power > Thermal now??
It should under "CPU Fan Speed".
Pages: 1 2