Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: IPISB-AG REV 1.03 (1.04): Disable CPU whitelist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
It mean I put out my old bios chip from my motherboard and put in new bios chip form IPISB-AG REV 1.06 motherboard? Could you tell me what model of chip. Thanks.
Atmel AT25DF321
Winbond W25Q64
Macronix MX25L64
Micron N25Q064
Thanks.
Hello!
I've got my hands on currently working Gateway ZX6971 PC with a IPISB-AG REV 1.03 motherboard . I have a working i7 3770s laying around, but as I found out after doing the swap, the mobo is definitely not supporting Ivy Bridge.
After going through this thread and few others I have few questions left. It's possible for me to get a W25Q64 to replace the current 25Q32BVSIG, and soldering shouldn't be a problem, but I never tinkered with BIOS before, so before I'll start I'd like to know are there any surprises I might encounter.
Basically, as for now I found a dump (allegedly) taken from a IPISB-AG REV 1.06. I also found a highly probable installation file for the REV 1.06 BIOS. The 1.06 was used in Aspire Z3770, for which the latest bios on site is P03.A2 (with Ivy Bridge support). I'd like to know is there any way to check if the dump I've got correct or no, if yes - will it support 3770, and most important for me - would it work with REV 1.03 board after switching the chip?

CPU Z screenshots of current running system attached
also attached archive with the W25Q64 dump from PISB-AG REV 1.06 and the P03-A2.ROM
smlbo
Both attached firmware has support for Ivy Bridge.
Flash 8 MB chips with full dump and solder it.
Boot and update BIOS as usual.
Thanks for the reply!
Can you point me towards any explanation of how to check for the supported / whitelisted CPU's in the bios file?
I looked through the dump with hex editor, but didn't find anything (probably because I don't know where to look).
This thread seems to indicate that the original bios P01-A1 for REV 1.03 was locked in some ways
from the first post
Quote: "I currently have a i5-2500, but the BIOS kicks me off with the "Unsupported CPU installed. Shutting down the computer".
So my fears were that P03-A2 will be locked to certain CPU's too. I trust your experience that i7-3770s will work after the flash, but I'm really interested at how it's determined
Only real experiment can help.
Hii, 

I am a newbie with the same AIO device (ACER Aspire Z5771/Z3771). Acer updated the bios of the machine twice to support Ivy Bridge (P03-A2) (attached) or is on this website https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/su...ct/3980;-;). The latest version of their user manual indicates support for an i7-3770S but I have an i7-3770.

On socketing the CPU, I get a similar "Unsupported CPU installed. Shutting down the computer..." error as fellow member Stormbolter. I deliberate it should be a TPD issue since the microcode for both the processors seem to be the same and the success of Stormbolters AIO being able to support the i5-2500 (95W) which has an even higher TDP than the i7-3770 (77W) should mean it should be possible to tweak the bios to support this CPU.

Please note that the AIO had an i3-2120 with this bios and the motherboard, bios chip and CPU-Z info are exactly the same as by member Stormbolter's post.

Thanks!
(02-23-2021, 05:47 AM)0.5k144hzz Wrote: [ -> ]Please note that the AIO had an i3-2120 with this bios and the motherboard, bios chip and CPU-Z info are exactly the same as by member Stormbolter's post.
Don't try to fool me. Stormbolter had motherboard without Ivy Bridge support and with 4MB BIOS chip.
So you can't flash P03-A2 BIOS and boot with i7-3770
(02-23-2021, 06:12 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Don't try to fool me. Stormbolter had motherboard without Ivy Bridge support and with 4MB BIOS chip.
So you can't flash P03-A2 BIOS and boot with i7-3770

I must clarify that is incorrect at this point of time and in this case, the computer since then does fully support Ivy Bridge after a routine bios update directly from the OEM. Kindly have a look at the website already linked in the previous post. It should be noted that both Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge support the same LGA 1155 socket and the H61 Chipset which the device in context does. This can be further enforced by taking a quick look at it's maintenance manual linked in this thread by our fellow member Stormbolter themselves previously.  

Kindly note that the computer is already at this stage of the process and was working perfectly with the P03.A2 bios with the previous cpu before adding the current one. 

I would appreciate your clarification on any doubts on this matter now, if any.  Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4