Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Asus VivoBook K56CM BIOS Unlock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Perfect! Thanks you!
(01-04-2022, 05:05 AM)purepoison Wrote: [ -> ]Perfect! Thanks you!
Ok~it's great Wink
(01-04-2022, 05:05 AM)purepoison Wrote: [ -> ]Perfect! Thank you!

Hello, 

This UEFI bios was 'testy' trying to get Linux to boot; however was successful on many occasions after finding the formula. However, I never fully loaded Linux, wanting to first get the bios 'difficulties' address before converting 100% to Unix/Linux on a testing platform for Virtualization.

[font='times new roman', 'new york', times, serif]After this laptop sat for 6months in storage, it appears that I can no longer boot Linux and all attempts to follow online instructions fail, seemingly there is a missing option to boot from USB(which I must have deleted) 

1. Can I replace the UEFI and Windoze embedded bios with something more universal? 
2. The unit has 4gb onboard Memory and only 1 slot for upgraded memory; can the bios be modded to accept a 32g memory stick? <~~ I can only find documentation that 16gb is the max for this slot??
Hi! Is unlocking this BIOS possible?
https://www.mediafire.com/file/st6azuwpj...p.rom/file
Have dumped the bios with the help of @genius239 provided tool. Thanks!!
@genius239
Can u help me unlock my bios menu
I cant flash the mod bios because of this error
Error:
Error 167: Protected Range Registers are currently set by BIOS, preventing flash access.
Please contact the target system BIOS vendor for an option to disable
Protected Range Registers.

FPT Operation Failed.

Ps I dumped the bios with intel me and edited it with amibcp
Thanks
(12-19-2019, 06:40 AM)genius239 Wrote: [ -> ]Try my modded.
http://filebonus.net/koue47liinxh

file is down, could you please re-upload it elsewhere?
Also can you provide flashing instructions? I have previously flashed this bios on one pc but I cant remember the correct procedure!

EDIT: Re-up
Pages: 1 2