Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Adding CPU support to Thinkpad a485
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, all. I'm going to upgrade(resolder) current r5 2500u to r7 3700u.
I need to add CPU support into current bios(1.28).
Who can help me? What is the price? What i need to do and what stuff do i need to buy(programmer etc)?
Thanks.
CPU is soldered to the motherboard.
(12-30-2019, 01:00 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]CPU is soldered to the motherboard.

So? CPU will be resoldered. The only thing i need is to add zen+(from t495\t495s\etc laptop bios) to bios support
Did you tried to solder new CPU? What was the result?
(12-30-2019, 06:33 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Did you tried to solder new CPU? What was the result?

Yes, but only for the same zen(2300u -> 2700u), it works. Now i wanna try to upgrade pro 5 zen to pro 7 zen+. It's basically the same cpu(same socket, tdp, stencil, die), the only thing is bios support(like AM4 and desktop zen\zen+) Still waiting for tray r7 3700u from taobao.
BIOS version R0WET60W has support CPU with Raven Ridge core only.
(12-30-2019, 09:20 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]BIOS version R0WET60W has support CPU with Raven Ridge core only.

That's exactly what i'm sayng... Zen+(picasso cores) is the SAME Raven Ridge cpu's, but on 12nm process, even cpu's dies the same. This is like upgrading cpu from sandy bridge to ivy, desktop zen(x370) to zen+(x470). They all have the same socket and backward compatibilities, but need bios upgrade(like with x330, x370\470) to add support for "new" cpu.
I don't know any method to do it. Sad