Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Asus P5LD2 mod Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
With native or modded BIOS?
BTW: I said about Pentium E6x00, not C2D E6x00
(01-08-2020, 03:37 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]With native or modded BIOS?

with the modded. havent tried with the native one
(01-06-2020, 03:42 PM)lupy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there good people and Happy New Year,

looking for a BIOS mod request of bios of Asus P5LD2 that will support Wolfdale C0, M0 Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor E8500. I am attaching the bios chip content.

The board actually starts with this CPU but I am getting error: Intel CPU ucode loading error Press f1 to resume. If You press f1 nothing happens, if You pressed dell before the error when you press f1 i can get into the bios and the CPU is recognized.
I tried to modify the bios using mmtool and upgraded all microcodes and added the microcode for cpu E8500 but the error remains. What i am doing wrong?
Hi, lupy
Here it is. Microcodes don't help if BIOS doesn't know CPU model so can't init CPU properly.
i945P chipset officially supports up to 1066MHz FSB. You have to set 1333MHz manually in BIOS settings. There is a drawback - manual setting of FSB is caused "double start". 

[Image: P5-LD2-C2-D-E8500-1.jpg][Image: P5-LD2-C2-D-E8500-v3013-ddr2-833.png]

P.S. I made this mod BIOS for myself just for fun. It's very very time consuming work. I share it because I like the result.
Pages: 1 2 3