Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Compaq Presario CQ60-210xx (AMD): CPU Upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to know of these laptops are compatible with the amd turion II cpus or if I have to mod the BIOS or something like that. Here is my original BIOS if needed: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softw...ob-76825-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&product=3860051&sw_lang=

If anyone has tried this please tell me before I end up [censored] something up. The Turion x2's use socket S1G2 and the Turion II's use socket S1G3, but the original turions use the k8 while the II's use the k10 and both have DDR2 memory controllers.

My model laptop is a compaq cq60-210us for those that need more info.
nope more like a hardware limitation
Hello Sirs
i need for my Notebook the new Bios or a Bios mod to install a more powerful Amd CPU.
My Bios now is F.32 on a Wistron 303c Motherbord with nvidia 8200m chipset.
Kind Regards
Herbert
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
(03-04-2020, 01:27 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.

Hello Sir
here are some Screenshots. I hope they are good because i did not really understand what do you mean.
Your laptop has Socket S1g2. So you try to install Turion 64 X2 (RM-7x) & Turion X2 Ultra (ZM-8x).
(03-04-2020, 03:46 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Your laptop has Socket S1g2. So you try to install Turion 64 X2 (RM-7x) & Turion X2 Ultra (ZM-8x).

Dear Sir
Thank you. I read a list where is written that the maximum is the zm-82 so i thought i need a never / modded bios for better cpus then the zm-82.
Is there for my Laptop a modded bios to overclock the cpu?
Regards.
(03-04-2020, 04:10 PM)herbert Wrote: [ -> ]I read a list where is written that the maximum is the zm-82
Try to boot with new CPU and report. I will make BIOS patch if necessary
(03-05-2020, 01:03 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-04-2020, 04:10 PM)herbert Wrote: [ -> ]I read a list where is written that the maximum is the zm-82
Try to boot with new CPU and report. I will make BIOS patch if necessary

Ok, thank you Sir, i will do so and post the result here.