Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Toughbook CF-D1 Customer BIOS Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I still have a problem. I have a CF-D1KW200MZ with Bios V2.50L11 M10. Now I have the version BIOS_D1_V250L14.exe here. 
https://pc-dl.panasonic.co.jp/dl/do...score=0.17759083211422&sri=14646542&trn_org=2
When starting it brings with the following error message. 
„This Model is Not supported“

The problem is that the seller has kept secret that it is a custom bios. Panasonic doesn't want to help. Is there a way to unpack the BIOS_D1_V250L14.exe and get the actual biosfile. It just seems to be the exe himself who queries the bios at the beginning. The M10 is probably the identifier for the custom bios. Alternatively, one could perhaps overwrite the identifier in the bios so that the exe thinks it is a board without custom bios. I'm not sure where the exe is asking. The bios is an aptio. I hope you have an idea for me how I can get there.
I was modding my bios yesterday, to get around the WLAN whitelist. I need to have a look on the version number, to see if that can be changed so the L14 update can be applied. Long story short, I had to open the computer and program the flash chip outside the computer.

Having a quick look at the update file, is just a microcode update. The UEFI update program is looking for "M00" and this board is "M10".