Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP g62 laptop: Update cpu in pga988
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I have a HP g62 laptop from 2010 and I want to update the bios to support i7 CPUs like 920xm or 720qm. It's possible to mod a bios to support this CPUs on my laptop? And if it possible I want to overclock the cpu... Thanks
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
And I need a screenshot of list of graphics cards in Device Manager.
(03-19-2020, 06:44 AM)Deathbringer Wrote: [ -> ]Pós Imagens da Primeira ( CPU ) e (Terceira Placa Principal ) com CPU-Z com CPU suportada.
E preciso uma captura de tela da lista de placas gráficas no Gerenciador de dispositivos .

Thats it... The gpu is hd5470 but the windows shows hd5000 series. Thanks for helping me
arcr03
This laptop uses switchable graphics, so you can't use CPUs without internal graphics.
(03-19-2020, 08:35 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]arcr03
Este laptop usa gráficos selecionáveis, portanto você não pode usar CPUs sem gráficos internos.

And how do I change the integrated graphics to dedicated graphics? And what microcodes I should to use to be recognized?
(03-19-2020, 11:07 AM)arcr03 Wrote: [ -> ]And how do I change the integrated graphics to dedicated graphics?
I think that CPUs with Clarksfield core don't boot even you can disable integrated graphics.
(03-19-2020, 11:07 AM)arcr03 Wrote: [ -> ]And what microcodes I should to use to be recognized?
All suitable microcodes are already included in current BIOS.
(03-19-2020, 11:26 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2020, 11:07 AM)arcr03 Wrote: [ -> ]And how do I change the integrated graphics to dedicated graphics?
I think that CPUs with Clarksfield core don't boot even you can disable integrated graphics.
(03-19-2020, 11:07 AM)arcr03 Wrote: [ -> ]And what microcodes I should to use to be recognized?
All suitable microcodes are already included in current BIOS.
Thanks