Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Upgrade CPU T6400 to QX9300 on MOBO N80vb Chipset PM45
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There shouldnt be a problem upgrade a 2 core cpu machine to a 4 core cpu on the same motherboard. Other than upgrading the Bios.  RAM should still be compatible for the same type of CPU.  Penryn models Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 to Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme QX9300.
However, they have a difference of FSB 800 to 1066 MHz and power consuption 35W to 45W.

This link (http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-Intel_(chi...press.html) says that my MOBO is compatible, but it´s not working.
After changing the CPU and starting the PC it does not give a video signal and a few seconds later it turns off and restarts on the same black 
screen and freezes, but the fans are working all the time.

I think it may be the BIOS that needs to be changed for the Quad processor, but I'm not sure and And I don't understand much about BIOS

Please, if anyone can help me I would be very grateful. This was my first notebook and I really like it. Big Grin
A few motherboards with Socket P can boot quad cores CPUs. It's hardware incompatibility.
But you can try the motherboard's mod for quad core CPU supporting.
(04-03-2020, 02:02 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]A few motherboards with Socket P can boot quad cores CPUs. It's hardware incompatibility.
But you can try the motherboard's mod for quad core CPU supporting.

I really wanted you to read and answer my post. I read some posts that you answered about the QX9300 and I already expected you to say that it is incompatible. But maybe you would say "it is compatible, you just need a mod in your BIOS for the mobo to recognize it".
I already read about this quad mod and I think I have a good chance of ruining my notebook. And I really love it.
So I'm thinking between X9100 and T9900. Do you think they will work?

[attachment=18495]
(04-03-2020, 08:05 PM)messias_leandro Wrote: [ -> ]So I'm thinking between X9100 and T9900. Do you think they will work?
Yes, they will work.
(04-04-2020, 01:49 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2020, 08:05 PM)messias_leandro Wrote: [ -> ]So I'm thinking between X9100 and T9900. Do you think they will work?
Yes, they will work.

Thank you.