Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] i5 2500K on HP Pro 3500
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I'm trying to upgrade my mates old computer for his son to use. He bought it off some eBay guy a while back, and turns out the motherboard is from an old HP Pro 3500. 

Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF (SOCKET 0) - reported via Speccy
BIOS: 8.14
Current CPU: i3 2125

I've sorted him a new GPU and RAM upgrade which are working fine, but the i5 2500K is coming up as unsupported and the PC shuts down. Subsequently found out no K series chips are supported according to the HP website. Stumbled across here via a Google search and see others have managed to fine ways around this on a (hopefully) similar computer (https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...h-i5-2500K)

Any help would be greatly appreciated Smile
Post a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z with native CPU.
Make a photo of the screen about unsupported CPU.

Download sp70375 and unpack with WinRAR
Run in command line with administrative rights:
SAFUWIN BACKUP.ROM /o
Make screenshot of results.

P.S. Have you a hardware programmer?
Hi, thank you for replying. I just noticed the usual request for CPU-Z screens. Which are attached. Will sort the other bits out shortly. Don't think I have a hardware programmer but not too sure what you are referring to.

Thanks again
Hi, hope this is what you were after. The message about the CPU appears at BIOS level so not sure how to screen shot it - it's something like "Unsupported CPU installed - shutting down computer"
I've made BIOS mod for this motherboard.
It can be flashed by a hardware programmer or modded safuwin only:
safuwin CU3_819.ROM /p /b /n /r
(04-15-2020, 12:52 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]I've made BIOS mod for this motherboard.

Just wanted to say a MASSIVE thank you to DeathBringer for walking me through this - and of course the modded files  Big Grin . The i5 2500K now working beautifully and my friends son is over the moon at the news. If anyone winds up here via Google like I did, trust this guy, he's 100% genuine and knows his sh*t!!

Thank you once again Smile
Hey there.
I have a i5 3570K with an updated bios so I could boot by pressing (spamming) F1 key on boot to bypass the warning about uncompatible CPU.
If I don't, the PC just shutdown itself.
After I had read many posts and particularly this one https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=20973&pid=163137#pid163137 I understood it was more about TDP than missing microcode into my bios.
Here is the 06A9 into CPU list, so I think it's ok for ucode :
[Image: microcode-i5-3570.png]
I checked using MMTool after I backed-up my bios using safuwinp (the patched one ( Patched AMI SAFUWIN for flashing unsigned BIOS ROMs on HP Motherboards using AMI Aptio (AMI 7 and 8) | My Digital Life Forums ) )
I tried flashing using a replaced CSMCORE and obviously, bricked my BIOS  Shy
I attached the backed bios (backup).
I just purchased a CH341A to restore my bricked bios.

Dear DeathBringer, can you please help me using one of your magic trick ?  Angel

Thanks !
Read this thread attentively.
(04-15-2020, 12:52 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]I've made BIOS mod for this motherboard.

Please can you tell me this mod will works with HP Pro 3500 series Foxconn 2ABF 3.20 Rev 09 B3 bios ver 8.19 + 3770k CPU ?
maryma
Is official sp70375 suitable for your system?
Pages: 1 2