Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] CyberPower Tracer 2/3 laptop (Quanta NL5E base) with Insyde QP121 Rev 5.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I recently bought a CyberPower gaming laptop which I think is a Tracer 2 or 3 or Vector II-Z model with I7-8750H, RTX2070 and Intel ID3EC4 (Intel Mobile HM370 ? ) chipset. It is basically a Quanta NL5E barebones chassis.

It looks to have a locked BIOS as there are limited available options and I would like to unlock it to at least be able to activate on-board GPU.
I originally posted on Win-Raid forum who told me the Insyde BIOS experts are here.
I have done a dump of the BIOS.

Moptherboard: Quanta NL5E (U3E1)
Chipset: Intel ID3EC4 (Intel Mobile HM370 ? )
The current BIOS is: INSYDE QP121 Rev 5.0 - Build Time: 01/14/2019 - ME FW Version 12.0.6.1120

Details you ask for: Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,

Markiexxxx
(04-20-2020, 08:26 AM)Markiexxxx Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I recently bought a CyberPower gaming laptop which I think is a Tracer 2 or 3 or Vector II-Z model with I7-8750H, RTX2070 and Intel ID3EC4 (Intel Mobile HM370 ? ) chipset. It is basically a Quanta NL5E barebones chassis.

It looks to have a locked BIOS as there are limited available options and I would like to unlock it to at least be able to activate on-board GPU.
I originally posted on Win-Raid forum who told me the Insyde BIOS experts are here.
I have done a dump of the BIOS.

Moptherboard: Quanta NL5E (U3E1)
Chipset: Intel ID3EC4 (Intel Mobile HM370 ? )
The current BIOS is: INSYDE QP121 Rev 5.0 - Build Time: 01/14/2019 - ME FW Version 12.0.6.1120

Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,

Markiexxxx
Hi
Your bios is rewrite protected...you need a SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only...check your PM
Hello Dudu2002,

Thank you for your reply.

The rewrite protection can be bypassed with H2OUVE I think - I wrote back a dump of my factory BIOS with 'FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin'; [Image: FPT-operation-2.jpg]

Should I send you  a dump of the bypassed mod written back to the BIOS?

Thanks,

Markiexxxx