Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Acer Extensa 5635Z: Method for updating microcode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, My name is Isaac, a wannabe modder.

I need advice or confirmation about if this is gonna work:
I want to update the microcode for T9900  for my acer extensa 5635z,
I have already updated from T4300 to T9500 without modifications but the T9900 does not work, so I think it is maybe because of the old microcode (cpu seems to be fine)

I know how to flash bios. I have done it 5 or 6 times, 2 of them with minor modifications applied 
I have directly used the hex editor (no CBROM worked) and updated CPUID=1067A manually on my bios file as a preliminary test:

BEFORE-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> AFTER
[Image: Sin-t-tulo.jpg]

I used as source the file ncpucode-mobile-lga-775-microcode.bin, md5sum 1606219827fcca467c929cc16e493da0

As you can see intelmicrocodelist recognises the change and so do phoenix bios editor (it recompiles without errors). Original and modded bios files are 2.150.400 bytes.

So my question is: Is it that easy? do you think I'm going to brick my mobo? 

I truly beg your advice, I think I'm missing something. Thanks :)
Post a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z.
(05-08-2020, 01:40 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Post a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z.

Thank you VERY much

cpu
Your laptop is based on GL40 chipset. It doesn't support FSB=1066 Mhz. So you can't use T9900 with this laptop.
Thank you Sir, I do not know how I missed that point. Thanks again.