Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: X570 Athlon 3000G Microcode integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello dear modders and supporters,

is there any possibility of integrating the microcode of the Ahtlon 3000G into the UEFI of the Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro?

Donor UEFI could be: Gigabyte B450 Gaming X UEFI F50
UEFI to be modded Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro F12e

As the Athlon 3000G is a Picasso-based CPU, just as the Ryzen 3200G and 3400G, which both run on the X570, this mod should be possible - or am i mistaken? Right now, the Board wont POST with the Athlon 3000G installed.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Regards
StarGeneral
Adding microcode doesn't add support for new CPU.
Thank you for your answer.

I am not sure wether this is correct, but if the general CPU architecture (in this case "Picasso") is supported, what has to be done to get these CPUs running? Is there any way a mod can achieve that or is the only way the mainboard manufacturer?
Explain exactly what happens when you try to boot with your Athlon 3000G.
The mainboard seems to start up well internally (chipset fan rpm are reduced by thermal control, RGB lighning is turned on, PCIe-devices seem to be initialised, USB-devices seem to be initialised), but no Video output neither on the integrated video outputs nor by a dedicated PCIe-VGA.
Try disable internal graphics in BIOS before this CPU installing.
Try to flash F3 or F4f BIOS
You are absolutely priceless. UEFI F3 is working perfectly with internal graphics! Smile
Do you see any possibility to get the CPU to run with the recent UEFI version?
Test all official versions of BIOS.
I tested all versions from the website. Unfortunately, F3 is the only one which really does POST (the other versions deliver just a black screen to the display). Even more unfortunate, F3 will freeze after POST-Screen and will not accept any key strokes, so i cannot boot nor go into the UEFI setup.

Do you think some micro-code could help there?
(05-16-2020, 11:37 AM)StarGeneral Wrote: [ -> ]Do you think some micro-code could help there?
I think it doesn't help. F3 BIOS already has suitable microcode for Athlon 3000G.
Pages: 1 2