Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: BIOS P4 Microcode update request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.
I have Asus P4S533-X SiS6465DX Chipset Intel Socket 478 ATX Motherboard
Their 1 year support of this motherboard is quite disappointing.
My issue is that I have just got it and a 4.3 ghz cpu but the bios reports it as 2ghz
I have updated its BIOS to the last one on Asus Global website, a beta version but it didn't fix the issue.
Have updated windows cpu driver in windows 98SE to support this processor it runs stable but outside windows the PC sometimes hangs
and the CPU gets quite warm.
I'd like to kindly ask for the attached BIOS be patched with updated Intel P4 microcode for me please.
I'd do a mod myself but its been over 10 years since I modded a BIOS it was for built in RAID option on an ABIT VP6 that there was an update after support ended and I have forgotten how I even did it. (Was under instruction on WIMS BIOS forum i forgot login)
Being an Asus BIOS it makes me feel glum I just like to have fun with this thing  Confused
Even if it was explained how to do this I would be grateful but I need successful instructions with links to the tools necessary for the work.
Thank you .  Smile
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with new CPU.
(05-27-2020, 03:06 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with new CPU.

sure thing I haven't installed gpu driver yet
It's not microcode issue.
This motherboard doesn't support FSB=800 MHz. So this CPU starts with FSB=533MHz with x17 multiplier.
(05-28-2020, 01:34 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]It's not microcode issue.
This motherboard doesn't support FSB=800 MHz. So this CPU starts with FSB=533MHz with x17 multiplier.

ok cool um whats the fastest cpu I can use and although it says it can do DDR400 it runs 2gb DDR400 at half speed
CPU-Z shows real speed of DDR, 400 Mhz is effective (double) speed.
(05-28-2020, 04:20 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]CPU-Z shows real speed of DDR, 400 Mhz is effective (double) speed.
ok thanks your a great help i got a better suited cpu for this and now looking for a better suited one for 4.3 ghz its just i hate celerons argh!
thanks again!