Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Upgrading an old aspire 7741g
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone! I'm new in the forum, so i hope to have wrote in the right section. Anyways, i got this old laptop (aspire 7741g) that i kinda want to push to the limits. What kind of cpus you guys thinks it will fit the best? I thought of installing an i7 620M (i've seen laptops that have been upgraded succesfully, even whit an i7 720QM). I also thought about installing an i7 940XM (the laptop has also a dedicated gpu, so it should gives a video output). Could such a cpu be able to be recognized by the mobo? I'm sorry if my english is kinda bad.
P.S: the laptop current has an i3 330M
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.
Make a photo of this motherboard near a socket.
Post a screenshot of list of graphics cards in Device Manager.
[attachment=19063][attachment=19064][attachment=19065][attachment=19066]
(06-17-2020, 09:38 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.
Make a photo of this motherboard near a socket.
Post a screenshot of list of graphics cards in Device Manager.

Hello! Sorry for the late reply, but i've been very busy recently. I'm going to attach the screenshots of what you asked to this message.
P.S: the mobo pic comes from a seller on e-bay, but that's is the exact motherboard i bought some time ago (idk why but i still had the image).
If you still need something, don't be worried to ask. Have a great day and sorry again for my late reply. Also the gpu this laptop got is a HD 5470 Ati mobility radeon.
This is not a photo of your motherboard. I need real photo.