Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Update CPU for HP ProBook 6475b
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello friends! I have a some problems with HP Probook 6475b.
The fact is that I have an AMD A6-4400m processor installed, but I want to install an AMD A8-5550m. Now i have TTU 68 rev 69 BIOS firmware from HP official site, and I think that this firmware blocked this CPU. Can somebody moded firmware for BIOS update?
Post a screenshot third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z.
(07-13-2020, 09:01 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Post a screenshot third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z.

in ataccment
Current BIOS has support for Richland - https://browser.geekbench.com/geekbench3/8609170
(07-14-2020, 06:00 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Current BIOS has support for Richland.

But if i install A8-5550m in CPU socket, its not work. I have a black screnn and high power cooler blow.
Try this algorithm:
1) remove AC jack, Main Battery, and CMOS Battery
2) remove HDD and all DIMMs
3) install new CPU
4) wait 10 mins
5) press and hold power button for 30 sec.
6) install CMOS Battery and one DIMM only, inject AC jack (without Main Battery!)
7) try to boot your laptop.

And you can try to flash BIOS 68RTU by hardware programmer.
(07-14-2020, 06:10 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Try this algorithm:
1) remove AC jack, Main Battery, and CMOS Battery
2) remove HDD and all DIMMs
3) install new CPU
4) wait 10 mins
5) press and hold power button for 30 sec.
6) install CMOS Battery and one DIMM only, inject AC jack (without Main Battery!)
7) try to boot your laptop.

And you can try to flash BIOS 68RTU by hardware programmer.

I try this, but its don't work( Can i install 68RTU without hardware programmer?
(07-14-2020, 09:18 AM)lilpac Wrote: [ -> ]Can i install 68RTU without hardware programmer?
No, you can't.