Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP 6730b, no microcode for intel P9700 processor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello !

Please if someone could add this Intel processor P9700 CPUID 1067A (SLGQS) into a HP 6730b bios (for me looks just like an early release of HP UEFI graphical bios interface):

-Motherboard Manufacturer and Model : HP EliteBook 6730b
-Bios Revision : Ver F_20 (08 Dec 2011)
-Bios Type : Insyde
-Bios SLIC : 2.1 (included by manufacturer)
-Bios Link : https://we.tl/t-pdlCMpzreS

I have the ,,lnsider_Bl0S_TooIs-master,, package files, but none of the utilities included won't open the bin file (saying it's not an InsydeH2O bios file).
Only with PhoenixTools I can open it, it says it's a EFI/Insyde BIOS, I get a DUMP folder but... from there without a tutorial I'm in complete fog.

Thank you in advance, I hope it can be done somehow.

I buyed the processor from eBay without checking first that the board will take it. Notebook starts, but no display, and after 4-5seconds will shutdown by itself.
(07-21-2020, 09:56 AM)ahappyuser Wrote: [ -> ]Only with PhoenixTools I can open it, it says it's a EFI/Insyde BIOS, I get a DUMP folder but... from there without a tutorial I'm in complete fog.

Hello!
Install "UBU" to update microcodes automaticly or get the GUID's of location.
Post a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
P.S. It isn't microcode issue.
[attachment=20057]
(07-21-2020, 12:33 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Post a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
P.S. It isn't microcode issue.

This is the screenshot of CPU-Z.
Bad news. This revision of chipset (NB) can't be identified by software methods.
Disassemble your laptop, remove the heatsink, clean NB and make a photo of it.
(07-21-2020, 12:47 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Bad news. This revision of chipset (NB) can't be identified by software methods.
Disassemble your laptop, remove the heatsink, clean NB and make a photo of it.

The laptop is already half-naked (sorry for my English) i.e without keyboard and palmrest.
I will search on the Internet for a schematic of the motherboard to correctly identify the NB, then I will make a photo of it and post in this thread.

Thank you for trying to help me on this matter.
NB (north bridge) is a chip between CPU socket and memory slot.
Hello,

First, I'm sorry for this very long delay, but sometimes bad things happen.

So, this is a picture with the chipset :
[attachment=20861]
Today I went to a friend who have an Acer Aspire 7736ZG with DDR3 memory (this laptop it's newer than mine) and after putting the P9700 into its socket, the laptop would not start, staying with no image on-screen, like it's waiting for something. It won't shutdown either. So I returned to home to see what CPU microcode was in that Acer bios. After running Intel's intelmicrocodelist.exe utility, this were the results I got for the Acer and HP bios files. I believe the microcode in the Acer bios is OLD, because the P9700 processor was launched on June 2009 (this I saw it on CPU-World site, on the P9700 microprocessor spec page). So I guess that I have to update the Acer bios file to include a newer microcode for 1067A CPU's family and then make a second attempt with my P9700 CPU. I like to mention that when the P9700 CPU was on power in the Acer laptop it was mild-hot, somehow like it's getting some voltage... but it won't start working.
OK. It's GE45 with support of FSB=1066 Mhz.
Make a good photo of your P9700.