Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] Removal of Whitelist from Acer Aspire 6930 BIOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a very low budget so I can't upgrade to a new PC. Therefore, I was trying to upgrade my existing laptop (without any GPU) and add an eGPU. However, as soon as I connect my eGPU doc to my mini PCI port (my laptop has two mini pci ports), the laptop doesn't even boot up. Further on googling I came to know that this could be because of whitelist of my BIOS and then I came across to this option to flash the BIOS and remove the whitelist from BIOS.

I came to know that this is the best place to make a request for the same. I would like to highlight that I am a novice in BIOS modding. Therefore, I just followed some videos on youtube and am uploading the backup of my current bios alongwith the results.rar here.

The rom and results.rar are attached herewith too.
URL of bios from manufacturer site: 
https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles...4777135705&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%206930&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=EMEA_27

PCI Hardware Ids of my Intel Wifi Link 5100 AGN:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4232&SUBSYS_12018086&REV_00
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4232&SUBSYS_12018086
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4232&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4232&CC_0280

If possible and you have enough time to look at it, kindly provide the bios with the whitelist removed. 

Kindly let me know in case I am missing any of the inputs required and also provide a link to donate as well Smile .