Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Asus m2a-mx am3 support MOD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I have an Asus m2a-mx board and an Athlon II x4 620 (c2) processor. On the latest version of the BIOS, the processor is displayed as "AMD unknown processor", but it works fine in Windows. I tried to replace the" p6 micro code "in mmtool from the more recent Asus m4a78, but the processor was still displayed as"unknown". Please help! Thank you in advance! BIOS 0904 attached
Make TXT-report of CPU-Z with your Athlon II X4 620 installed, zip and attach.
(10-29-2020, 03:50 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Make TXT-report of CPU-Z with your Athlon II X4 620 installed, zip and attach.
AGESA in stock bios 3.1.6.0. As i understand - need 3.5.3.1
This motherboard is too old to add support for this CPU.
(10-29-2020, 04:28 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]This motherboard is too old to add support for this CPU.
so it also works properly with this processor. Even power saving works. Only displayed as "unknown processor". Can't this be fixed somehow?
It can be fixed. But the price of this work is much more then the price of new motherboard.
ok. if it is difficult to implement. that's not necessary. let it live out its life with this processor in the form in which it is. Thank you for your quick response!