Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Asus P5GC-TVM/S: Quad Core Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have an Asus P5GC-TVM/SĀ motherboard, which does not have official support from the manufacturer, I have tried to search for information on the net regarding it and I find almost nothing. I would like to know which is the best processor that can support and if it is possible to put a Q6600 or Q6700.

[Image: asus_p5gc_tvms_gallery2.jpg]
[attachment=20985]

It included the backup of the BIOS of the board that I took out with the universal bios backup tool. I've seen similar models that support a Core 2 Duo E7600 or even an E8600, but I don't know if it supports Quad Cores. It currently works with a Pentium Dual Core 1240.
Post a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z.
(11-05-2020, 11:31 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Post a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z.

[Image: info2.jpg]
Chipset 945GC doesn't support quad core CPUs.
(11-06-2020, 01:32 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Chipset 945GC doesn't support quad core CPUs.

What then will be the best processor that could be put on the motherboard?
I think that Core 2 Duo E6700 is the best supported CPU.
But you can try to boot with E7x00
So the E8600 would be discarded?
Chipset 945GC doesn't support FSB=1333 Mhz.
(11-07-2020, 02:31 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Chipset 945GC doesn't support FSB=1333 Mhz.
As I have started to find out apparently if the fsb could be raised to 1333 by overclock, but the revision of the A2 chipset must be had. The problem is that the board I have does not have any section in the bios to do this procedure. But if there is a model with that chipset that seems to support the E8600:

https://www.asus.com/latin/Motherboards/...pDesk_CPU/
Your motherboard doesn't support overclocking.
And current BIOS hasn't support for 45-nm CPU at all.
Potentially I can add this support in BIOS, if this motherboard can (somehow) boot with any Core 2 Duo E7x00 or Pentium E5x00
Pages: 1 2