Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: 4790k on Biostar Hi-Fi Z87X 3D - not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK. Now try to boot with new CPU.
It has boot up! Finally!!!

But now I have another problem. Won't load into windows. It freezes when loading Windows or attempting a repair.

Tried with Linux, same problem.

I must confess something that I didn't want to mention before so that someone doesn't say immediately that's the problem. Before I've put 4790k on the motherboard when I was trying to remove 4670k the f****** CPU fell on the socket and damaged 3 pins! I've tried to align them as close to the "default" position as I can but one pin is bent in the worst way possible - like a Nike sign but not that extreme but with a sharp angle. With 4760k PC is working well, the CPU was OC and I have tested it with Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool and everything is OK.

So, I'm pretty sure that is the problem with 4790k.

EDIT: Actually, I have done it wrong. I have loaded BIOS defaults but that was wrong. I needed to clear CMOS. Now it starts and passes intel tests. But I have another problem (the third one). The CPU was sent to me as 100% ok, but when I got it, I saw that it was delidded. And when I run the Intel CPU tests the temperature was constant 100°C! The first time I didn't apply thermal paste I got BSOD and I thought it was because of that. The second time I have complitely assemble the PC (graphic card etc.) and it passed the Intel test as I was mention but the temperature was the hole time 100°C. Idle is 38°C - 45°C

EDIT 2: How can I ever repay you?!
Pages: 1 2