Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP EliteDesk 800 G1 Desktop Mini PC & i7-4980HQ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(09-01-2020, 02:56 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Download my mod for Crystal Well, unpack and run:
fptw64 -a 0xE90048 -l 0xD8 -f fit_m.bin
fptw64 -a 0xF77D28 -l 0x5C18 -f ucode_m.bin
Hi
I have HP 800 G1 DM (the mini one), BIOS version 2.33. I want to put in an i7-4980HQ, but the computer make 5 beeps and then the fan is going to max speed. The display (connected via display port) remains black with no signal.
I tried to update the above fit_m and ucode_bin, every thing seems to be updated successfully (attached files). But the above symptom remains (5 beeps, max fan speed and black display).
The attached files are: command line output text, xxx_m.bin files used for update, and xxxxx.bin files extracted after update (the same as xxx_m.bin files).
Could you advice me what to do next?
Thank you!
Can you boot with original CPU? Restore native BIOS and post a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z.
(01-19-2021, 03:34 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Can you boot with original CPU? Restore native BIOS and post a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z.
Yes, I can boot from original CPU. I will post screen shot of CPU-Z late, when I get back home. Thanks!
(01-19-2021, 03:34 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Can you boot with original CPU? Restore native BIOS and post a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z.

Sorry, what do you mean "restore native BIOS"? Clear CMOS or update BIOS or other else?
(01-19-2021, 03:56 AM)tqbinh Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, what do you mean "restore native BIOS"?
Flash original BIOS.
Here is CPU-Z screen shot after flashing 2.33 BIOS. Thanks!
Have you tested your i7-4980HQ with other system?
(01-19-2021, 09:58 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tested your i7-4980HQ with other system?

This i7-4980HQ was pulled from a Dell 9020M with corrupted BIOS while flashing (electricity was cut off when BIOS is updated, the previous owner said me about that).
May be this CPU is dead?
Try this algorithm:
1) disconnect power cord
2) disconnect all HDDs and optical drives
3) remove all DIMMs and CMOS Battery
4) install new CPU
5) wait for 10 minutes
6) press and hold power button for 30 seconds
7) install CMOS Battery and one DIMM only in first slot.
8) connect power cord and try to power on.
(01-19-2021, 10:17 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Try this algorithm:
1) disconnect power cord
2) disconnect all HDDs and optical drives
3) remove all DIMMs and CMOS Battery
4) install new CPU
5) wait for 10 minutes
6) press and hold power button for 30 seconds
7) install CMOS Battery and one DIMM only in first slot.
8) connect power cord and try to power on.

Thanks. I will do it tomorrow and report here.
Pages: 1 2