Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Changing power button behavior at start - AMI UEFI bios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I ordered a tablet PC (Atom Z8350) from an OEM chinese manufacturer. The PC requires to press the power button for approx 5 seconds before it starts. However no visual/acoustic indication is provided, the bios POST screens appears with short delay, making the startup procedure very confusing. The manufacturer says it is how mobile phones get started today but they have vibrations or sound to notify about the startup. I have not been able to convince the manufacturer to change the startup config for me.

Please is there any way to mod the American Megatrends bios (v. 5.011) to change this to regular PC startup - i.e. a short pushing the power button starts the board? I have windows installed and/or can boot linux from live USB. I do not know if this feature is provided by the BIOS or if it is hard-wired in the board.

Another question - is it possible to rotate the bios boot screen, the device boots in portrait mode? I can rotate the screen when the OS starts but that will not affect the boot screen.

Thank you very much for any hints and information.

Pavel.