Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Asus P5GC-TVM/S pentium 5400
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good morning, I write to request help regarding a motherboard that I have an Asus P5GC-TVM / S I managed to get an Intel Pentium 5400 processor to update an old Intel E1240 that the computer has, the new processor starts and works by starting the operating system, but An error message appears on the BIOS screen and the 2.7 ghz processor speed is cut in half, the motherboard is not officially supported by the manufacturer, so there is no way to get a BIOS update.

I have attached the original BIOS file for the motherboard.
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with your Pentium E5400.
It also includes the error message from the BIOS screen, additionally there is another oddity and that is that the pc does not turn off, you really have to disconnect the power cable.
Do Load Defaults in BIOS, save and reboot.
Make DOS USB-stick (e.g, by Rufus), download and unzip all files for the modded version of CHECKUP7 to this DOS USB-stick.
Boot from this DOS USB-stick and make a photo of the screen with results.
The following error message appears:

Command line - User input enabled
Database file being used is PEP.DAT
=========================================================================
|    Processor Update Utility for Intel® P6 and Intel NetBurst®    |
|    Microarchitecture Family of Microprocessors                      |
|    Version 7.14, 09/23/2005, Production                              |
|    Copyright 1995-2004, Intel Corporation.                          |
=========================================================================
Error: unable to allocate enough memory.
Did you used Rufus to boot in DOS?
Yes Rufus 3.9, to create FreeDos and in a separate folder on the pendrive, put the program files unzipped and run them.
(07-24-2021, 01:19 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Did you used Rufus to boot in DOS?
Download the version of Rufus from the most up-to-date official website and try another pendrive but it still gives the same error message. Is there no other way to update the board's microcodes?