Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: flashing a bios rom/bin to a bios storage chip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello, I am familiar with the flashing of a bios chip with a CHA341 bios programmer and have used software tools to achieve this, now my question is is it possible for one to flash a bios storage chip from the usb port of a pc using a different computer or a android phone, I have seen this procedure done with a car before where the electric system was kept at the operating voltage and a computer was hoked up over a obd ii port and flashed from a second computer, the principle is simple, I know the only thing allowed to operate a bios on start up is my keyboard why is it that when I press f2 the bios knows what I want to do what is the whole prosses to this, is the chipset of my motherboard allowing this to take place how could I tell the chipset to address my bios storage device and flash this hex data image all done over usb from a external device

ALSO I have done something like this with a Wi-Fi router where the router was hooked up over ethernet and ddwrt was flashed to the device with software i just need to replace the wifi router with an actual motherboard, and keep the Principe