Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Samsung Galaxy Book S
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi - I have a Samsung Galaxy Book S [Model 767XCM-K01] with an AMI BIOS P07AJD. This BIOS locks out the ability to boot from an external USB stick/DVD drive. Can anyone help unlock it... bear in mind the solution would need to be inplemented within Windows/DOS and not via an external Boot...
Thank you, Phil
@pjwilsonuk

Your laptop is used Intel's latest 10nm processor ,it might included new version Intel Management Engine(version 16??not sure) and i can't found a new release Intel me package for this new platform.

So in conclusion , you may need an hardware spi programmer to read/write bios chip ,if you wanna do a bios modification.

I only done mod few times in Samsung's machine ,but i think spi programmer is necessary.
NP850XBC-X01
800G5M

============edit==========
Bios will not block boot from a usb stick or a dvd drive ,check if something you're ignored. If you mean these device can't be boot as uefi mode ,you should attempt to disable Secure Boot then try it again.
[quote pid="186397" dateline="1636599536"]
@genius239
Thank you for your response - This is a lot more complicated than I'd thought. Wasn't aware of the customisation of windows (and lockout) that some mfctrs were now doing. The IME is v13 from what I can see...
genius239@pjwilsonuk

Your laptop is used Intel's latest 10nm processor ,it might included new version Intel Management Engine(version 16??not sure) and i can't found a new release Intel me package for this new platform.

So in conclusion , you may need an hardware spi programmer to read/write bios chip ,if you wanna do a bios modification.

I only done mod  few times in Samsung's machine ,but i think spi programmer is necessary.
NP850XBC-X01
800G5M

Bios will not block boot from a usb stick or a dvd drive ,check if something you're ignored. If you mean these device can't be boot as uefi mode ,you should attempt to disable Secure Boot then try it again.
[/quote]
@pjwilsonuk

If you're sure Me version is 13 ,maybe you could try to make a bios dump with this tool.(Run dump.bat as administrator)
But i will tell you a weird thing ,even if you can see the modified bios be re-flash by intel fpt again ,but actually it's still not a valid write. I ever met a same mod was wrote through intel fpt and spi programmer , they're both wrote successfully ,but only spi programmer wrote was unlock menus correctly. This sample is on a Samsung 7th gen laptop.

So ,this is why i said you need a spi programmer and it's more safe ,because we don't know if there are new bios protection in this new platform.
[quote pid="186397" dateline="1636599536"]
@genius239
[/quote]

This might be the core issue. I can not boot from a USB stick at all. I've have tried all the BIOS options I can think of, and have talked to Samsung engineers several times who seem to confirm they've blocked that??
Thank you very much for the thread. I was already afraid that my problem would not be solved, but it worked exactly as described here)
I am currently working on my project and I am glad that in today's world the government and responsible parents are concerned about the quality of education for their children. The pandemic has made a difference in the learning process, but at the same time it has opened up many new opportunities and services like https://freebooksummary.com/category/beowulf-questions with free summary samples help children a lot with their studies. I have noticed that it makes it easier for them to absorb information and spend less effort on investing important knowledge without sacrificing quality.