Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: No display after CPU change on Packard Bell Easynote TS11HR_517tk laptop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My laptop is Packard Bell Easynote TS11HR_517tk. It had an i5 2450M processor and it wasn't enough for me. So I wanted to replace it and bought an i7 3610QE processor instead. I searched, the socket was also compatible and the chipset was also compatible. I installed the processor, all functions of the computer are working without any problems, the fan etc. is spinning, but there is no image on the screen. I think the problem is BIOS. What should I do? The latest BIOS version brought in 2012 .d.
No way to add support for this CPU.
Why don't? Chipset and socket are supporting. Are there any other things to look at?
Intel only declares support of i7-3610QE for chipset HM65. But there is no motherboard with such support.
My laptop is Packard Bell Easynote TS11HR_517tk. It had an i5 2450M processor and it wasn't enough for me. So I wanted to replace it and bought an i7 2670QM processor instead. I searched, the socket was also compatible and the chipset was also compatible. I installed the processor, all functions of the computer are working without any problems, the fan etc. is spinning, but there is no image on the screen. I think the problem is BIOS. What should I do? 
Make a photo of laptop's motherboard near a socket.
[Image: TVR-8v0ASrWGc_kPLhyABg.jpeg]
[Image: VX66ChH7QiiG-OX1ljJUUg.jpeg]
The motherboard on photos has week power subsystem. It's not suitable for quad core CPUs.
Is there anything to can I do
Nothing
Pages: 1 2