Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] ASUS ROG GL504GM BIOS unlock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey, would anyone help how to enable ram xmp profile with this laptop? I don't really wanna hassle with unlocking the bios, but if it's necessary then it's fine for me. Big Grin
Hello. My Asus ROG GL504GM recently installed a BIOS update(v314) by accident and now I can't undervolt in Throttlestop. I can't find the older BIOS that still allows undervolting on the Asus website so I am requesting a bios mod. The direct DL link of the BIOS from Asus is https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Gamin...MAS314.zip

Which tool do I use to dump my bios?

I will report back after I flash the custom bios Smile Thanks.

I uploaded my bios dump to
@Cone
1. Your mod was done.

2. After flashing mod successfully and get the menus unlocked , gointo new advance tab >> Power & Performance >> CPU - Power Management Control >> CPU Lock Configuration ,then disable "CFG Lock" and "Overclocking Lock" to activate ThrottleStop.
@genius239

Your bios mod works flawlessly. I can undervolt in throttlestop now.

I have a few questions:
1. Do I need to change the setup_var back to 0x1 in grub?
2. Can I flash the stock bios back using asus ezflash?
3. Can I show the bios on my second monitor connected to the nvidia gpu via HDMI? I see this option at Chipset > System Agent(SA)\Configuration\Graphic Configuration\Primary Display? This chipset tab cannot be found in stock bios.

Thanks again Smile
@Cone

1. Revert or not has no effect.

2. Yes ,you can or you can roll back to stock by flash your dump.

3. Sorry , I don't know as i'm not a laptop user ,i'm only a normal bios modder. But i think options Primary Display is not related with connect to external monitor. If you still don't know how to clear cmos on this machine ,please don't easily adjust options regard of graphic configuration ,it may get a black screen.
@genius239

Thanks for answering. Do you think clearing reset will reset the primary display setting? If that is the case I am willing to experiment around.

Can anyone confirm this?
hi @genius239 my i know where i can download the same unlocked bios @cone requested? tried going to your site but i couldn't find the unlocked bios specific to asus gl504gm. thanks!
@rnpasinos
The bios mod is only for exclusive laptop ,first make a bios dump with this tool then attach the file.(Run dump.bat as administrator)
=========
I can't send the mod to you as you disabled the pm.
(04-14-2022, 12:05 AM)genius239 Wrote: [ -> ]@rnpasinos
The bios mod is only for exclusive laptop ,first make a bios dump with this tool then attach the file.(Run dump.bat as administrator)

hi @genius239 i have attached my bios dump. pls. let me know if you need anything else. thanks in advance!

**edit** apologies @genius239 i didn't realize i was using an older bios. i previously downgraded so that i can use throttlestop. i have removed the previous file and uploaded the dump of the latest bios for the gl504gm which is v314.
Hello @genius239, I'm sorry to bother you, is there any chance you could provide me the same mod done for Cone if I upload my bios dump?

Thank you!
Pages: 1 2