Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Acer Aspire 5742G & i7-740QM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Please, Im want to change my processor into Acer 5742G for one I7-740QM, but Im dont see nothing into video, Im listen the sounds of windows. Im need a Bios that Im put Nvidia Card as primary, and save it, so Im replace the processor. Someone Can Help Me?. Thanks Very Much
hi all, today I have installed my new intel i7 720qm on my acer with the latest bios 1.30.
when i powered up the pc it has black screen but i notice that the pc boot up in windows: in fact if i plug a usb mouse i can hear that windows noticed it.
What i can do to fix this? now i'm back with the old i3 380m
Your LVDS display is connected to integrated graphics and Clarksfield CPU don't have integrated graphics. This one will not works.

You need a Arrandale cpu.

If your notebook have a nvidia optimus card you can try to connect a external display to hdmi port but internal display will not work
doesn't work even if I put a modded bios with a chance to select which graphic card use?
Internal display it's HARDWARE WIRED to CPU
ok so there's any chance to fix this
Hi,
I installed an i7 740qm processor on my Acer 5742g model laptop, but it did not turn on.
Only the fan is running and there is no screen. I unlocked the bios, but I don't know what setting I should do.
Try before installing new CPU to change BIOS option Display Mode to Discrete Graphics.
(01-10-2022, 01:47 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Try before installing new CPU to change BIOS option Display Mode to Discrete Graphics.
There is that option but it is not editable
currently the display mode is Discrete Graphics
Show it.
Pages: 1 2