Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Ivy Bridge support on Dell Vostro 260/Inspiron 620
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey all, was wondering if some wizard might be willing to mod some ivybridge micro code into the dell inspiron 620 a10 bios. everything i read says dell never added it. and i got a coworker with a 10 year old that wants a gaming pc. i got an ivy bridge i5.... and that [censored] inspiron 620 with a pentium cpu. and if im completely ignorant will someone explain to me if this is not possible why?

thank you
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
Hello, I also have the Dell Inspiron 620 (2011), mine has the H61 mb with an I3-2120 cpu. I have Windows 10 pro with 16Gb of ram installed, I also have an old I7-3770K sitting in a box in my closet that I would love to put in this old machine if it can be done! any info appreciated!
I can't help without already requested information.
(03-29-2019, 11:58 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]I can't help without already requested information.

Hello, Thanks for reply! I have included images, please let Me know if you need anything else!
Find BIOS chip on your motherboard and write down information from it.
(03-30-2019, 11:17 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Find BIOS chip on your motherboard and write down information from it.

Hello again!
Hopefully this is what you're asking for, i tried to get it as clear as possible!
it's MXIC MX 25L3206E M2I-12G.
This is 4MB BIOS chip, but compatible BIOS for your motherboard (with Ivy Bridge support) requires 8MB BIOS chip.
(03-30-2019, 01:26 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]it's MXIC MX 25L3206E M2I-12G.
This is 4MB BIOS chip, but compatible BIOS for your motherboard (with Ivy Bridge support) requires 8MB BIOS chip.

Ok, thanks again for your advice and help!!
Try to solder the chip with BIOS for Dell OptiPlex 3010
Pages: 1 2