Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Asus Zephyrus GX701GWR Bios unlock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all!
Since bios 307 or 308 (cant remember at all) i lost the possibility to undervolt my CPU (i7-9750h) either with ThrottleStop or Intel XTU. I want a modded bios that let me undervolt again my cpu to reduce temps. I upload my dump bios (I think is from Windows Update firmware) and the last official bios from asus in the zip file just in case it was necessary. I can update my bios to the 311 official, i saw here that can be problems updating unlocked bios from the windows downloaded bios.

Any way, is there any more mods to apply on this bios?  I will be so happy just with the undervolt option unlock, but want to know if there is other options.
I have upgrade my bios to the 311 asus original, seems to be same as before.

Thanks in advance!
@Xphectro

Make a bios dump with this tool then attach the file. (Run dump.bat as administrator.)
(03-30-2022, 08:18 AM)genius239 Wrote: [ -> ]@Xphectro

Make a bios dump with this tool then attach the file. (Run dump.bat as administrator.)

Here you have Wink
Works incredible dude! Thanks a lot!
Guys, can you help please me too? I have the same problem with this leptop and bios version Sad
@Xphectro

(03-31-2022, 02:49 AM)Xphectro Wrote: [ -> ]Works incredible dude! Thanks a lot!

@genius239 maybe I can donate you for helping? Smile
Hello guys,

I have a Zephyrus GX701GWR (i7-9750h) and I have been dealing with high temps since I updated the BIOS (at some point, between BIOS v307 or 308 they removed the undervolt option due to a vulnerability on this CPU).

I have BIOS v311 installed, which is the last one that ASUS provided. I have been trying to get an older version with undervolt unlocked but its almost impossible. They retired them from the support page and I have not had luck on forums as well.

The CPU is reaching 96º degrees every time I start a game or a bunch of heavy apps, causing thermal throttling.

I was wondering if there is a possibility to custom this v311 BIOS in order to get the undervolt option back.

Thanks in advance.
All the credit goes to genius239 that helped me solving my problem with the Zephyrus GX701GWR by sharing his time and knowledge. Amazing!