Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP ProBook 11 G2 BIOS Boot issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I have a BIOS locked HP ProBook 11 G2 I’m trying to save from the rubbish dump.

I hooked up a clip to the bios and dumped the binary to back it up.

I googled the laptop and found the bios binary and flashed it, I then entered the bios and input the HP stuff like the feature byte, serial number etc and disabled the HP Manufacturing Program Mode etc.

I got it working fine, bios unlocked and everything and boots fine. BUT every time you turn it on there’s a massive delay before even the backlight turns on.

During this time the caps lock led does 5 slow flashes.

I cannot find any info on this. There’s plenty of threads online where people say they get 5 slow and 3 fast flashes and this indicated the following:

The embedded controller has timed out waiting for the BIOS to return from system board initialization (end of POST).

However I only get 5 long flashes, and no short flashes and then the system boots fine.

Would anyone have any idea as to what’s going on?

If I flash the original backup bin back onto the chip it boots instantly with no delays, but of course it’s bios locked.

Is the password stored in this chip and not encrypted? That could be another way around it.

Thank you for any help!