Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Support CFG setup_Var Protocol error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
  • Hello i am having some problem with my CFG here is my bin file. I can't extract the text file the error I get is Protocol: unknow i am using setup_var . method
@hoanglongvonguyen

Here is an archive that included extracted ifr file and bios unlocked. But i can't found the keyword "CFG" within it.
(07-10-2022, 07:21 PM)genius239 Wrote: [ -> ]@hoanglongvonguyen

Here is an archive that included extracted ifr file and bios unlocked. But i can't found the keyword "CFG" within it
oh i don't know that but i'm sure i have cfg i tried checking through opencore log. How do I do?
@hoanglongvonguyen

I have no idea as well. I already did your request to extracted the ifr file and added extra menus unlocked. Maybe you could search other methods to unlock MSR 0xE2 restriction ,i'm not familiar in Hackintosh ,so no any useful suggestion can be provided .
(07-10-2022, 11:15 PM)genius239 Wrote: [ -> ]@hoanglongvonguyen

I have no idea as well. I already did your request to extracted the ifr file and added extra menus unlocked. Maybe you could search other methods to unlock MSR 0xE2 restriction ,i'm not familiar in Hackintosh ,so no any useful suggestion can be provided .
can you tell me how you can extract the file to the txt file with any other way to help me unlock the cfg sincerely hope you can help
@hoanglongvonguyen

1. Your ifrextract was too old ,try using v0.6 or v0.7.

2. I can't help you out ,there is not "CFG Lock" designed in this bios. I have said i don't understand Hackintosh ,so you need to find other methods to unlock MSR 0xE2 restriction yourself.