Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Gigabyte Z170 HD3P SMbus SPD Write capability Unlock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First of all I am glad to see a forum about what i need, and Mods to help. Thank you all!
I have problem about trying to change Memmory xmp profile with "thaipoon burner" but i get error while starting, about (Writes to SMBus addresses 50h-57h are disabled by BIOS settings) after many search bios and web i understand that causes locked bios versions. I hope anybody help to solve my problem. I am going to add informations and bios version of i am using with Gigabyte Z170 HD3P version F5g. I also should add information, looking f5g version bios because using non-k overclocking ability.
GA-Z170-HD3P (rev. 1.0) Overview | Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.S.A.
Thaiphoon Burner - Official Support Website (softnology.biz)
@cacihat

I could take a attempt ,but i can't guarantee 100% successfully remove the spd write restriction. If you want to try ,please make a bios dump with this tool then attach the file. (Run dump.bat as administrator.)
i did dumb. is there any risk to change mobo modify if not work? ty
@cacihat

It seems that the Bios guard has been activated in this bios version ,so this modification must be stoped. Watching this danger red.
Thank you for helping. I have another question. I am attraching another bios of me was newer version of bios. There is spd write option with opening in editor. If that bios version modifying allow me to change spd data. I would upgrade bios to change rams then i turn downgrade?

new version of bios from gigabyte. i am using older for oc bclk ability. if that allows me to reach spd write. i would change it then go back older?
@cacihat

1.It sounds a interesting plan , you could try it yourself. After you completed burn spd data ,downgrade to original bios that can support non-k oc.

2. But the option "SPD Write Disable" is a hidden section ,you still need to edit bios ,or try to change its value by Grub or Ru.efi.

Edit==========

After you updated it to version 22g ,then try this method to disable spd write without bios modify.
i tried f22 bios, changed spd write as i said. result is nothing. now i turn into older f5g version.
i see you tell another method grub, should i go again to f22 ? then spd edit. then grub?
@cacihat

1. So ,do you mean that you disable "spd write" by AMIBCP ,then you reflash it and it still can boot normally again ,but spd write is still locked??

2. Modifing variable under Grub is the same with you did on AMIBCP ,but it is not a bios modification.

3. If you can confirm that it still can boot normally after reflash the modified bios ,you can make a bios dump from version f22g. I will try let this option present in bios.

4. On version f5g ,if you want to remove spd wirite ,it has to edit SiIinitPremem ,but it's a danger red on the states of Bios guard enable ,so if you edit it and reflash , high chance it will bricked. But you said that you edit it by AMIBCP and reflash it ,and still got boot normally. So , it prove that edit setup module is safe. This is color for amibcp edit and setup edit.
i just want to reach spd write enable for ram xmp profile change now.
i have upgrade f22 because i couldnt find any spd write in f5g. both versions edited AMIBCP and restarted normal. Pc restarting as usual.
Now i will make upgrade again to f22, to make bios dump to send. previous try i edit with AMIBCP spd write but nothing changed after restart pc.
Pages: 1 2