Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: BIOS unlock for Gigabyte Aero 15XC (3070, 10870H)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,
I have a Gigabyte Aero 15XC (3070, 10870H) and I wanted to unlock my BIOS options for undervolting due to thermal/power consumption issues (and maybe for enabling XMP/higher clock on my RAM that is currently locked). I am still a total newbie to this, how can I do it without damaging my laptop?
Thank you very much in advance,
Riccardo
@rikpi

1. What's current bios version of your laptop ?? if it's FBXX then continue to step2 ,if it's FEXX you may give this mod up.

(1) First disable Secure Boot in bios. (Secure >> Delete all Secure Boot variables)

(2) Download this then unpack folder EFI to a usb stick then reboot. Boot this usb stick as uefi mode ,if now you can access to Grub shell successfully. Then make a bios dump with this tool then attach the file. (Run dump.bat as administrator.)
Shell works fine! I dumped the BIOS (FB03), I'll attach the file here and a screenshot of the message appeared at the end (just to make sure it's fine, I am assuming that some of the flash is empty, so some addresses are unused)

Thanks!
(Sending a Drive link because it won't let me attach the dumped BIOS: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dj4zNV9...sp=sharing)

EDIT: Will this make me lose resizable BAR?
@rikpi

1. Resizable BAR ? Why can't i find any related options in the bios ? My mod is only do that inject extra useful tabs to achieve more useful options present. I will not changes stock tabs.
The stock tabs are : (Main) (Advanced) (chipset)(Secure)(Boot)(Save & Exit)
I want to let them become to : (Main) (Advanced) (chipset)(Secure)(Boot) [Advanced] [chipset] [ Save & Exit ]

2. Try this mod then respond to the result. (This mod is for @rikpi only.)
Thank you! I can see all the menus and it works. Resizable BAR is most likely not BIOS then. Just a small last question: how can I enable undervolt in throttlestop? Can I undervolt the CPU from Windows or do I have to do it from the BIOS?

Thanks!
@rikpi

How to activate Throttlestop & XTU ? try the below steps.

(1). Go into new advanced tab >> Power & Performance >> Power & Performance >> CPU Lock Configuration ,then disable "CFG Lock" & "Overclocking Lock".

(2). Go into new advanced tab >>OverClocking Performance Menu. Enable "OverClocking Feature" then the oc menus will present completely ,then enable "XTU Interface".

(3). If you only need to activate Throttlestop , do step1 only.

Good luck.
Thank you so much! All works now!