Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: ASUS M2N4-SLI new cpu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have this old socket motherboard am2 and it seems the limit for it is dual core Athlon 64 X2 6400+

M2N4-SLI - Support (asus.com)

The m2n-sli board, which is quite close in performance, supports 4-core Phenom for socket am3, but my attempts to get at least 65nm Brisbane Athlon X2 6000+ to work on this board ended in failure... Perhaps this problem can be solved at the BIOS level? I would like to have support for 4-core processors for the am3 socket, like some kind of Phenon, if it is possible to implement this for this board
Post a screenshot of Mainboard tab of CPU-Z.
Explain exactly what happens when you try to boot with new CPU.
(11-21-2022, 01:38 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Post a screenshot of Mainboard tab of CPU-Z.
Explain exactly what happens when you try to boot with new CPU.

With a new cpu the system does not start: the fans spin, but the hardware does not initialize

[Image: cpuz.png]
(11-21-2022, 10:22 AM)olevenets2 Wrote: [ -> ]but my attempts to get at least 65nm Brisbane Athlon X2 6000+ to work on this board ended in failure... 
Show a photo of this your CPU from the top.
Unfortunately, I have already sold this cpu.

Perhaps there are some bios fixes for this board to use something newer than 2-core cpu?
Try to find any motherboard based on nForce4 SLI chipset with quad core CPU support.
BTW: Asus M2N-SLI based on nForce 560 SLI chipset.