Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: How to flash Hp Pro 3500 MT Bios from Dos or Linux ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyboy,

I recently changed the case and the PSU of my computer but I now get a "512 - rear chassis fan not detected". I simply tried to re-plug the original fan but there's no change.

I wanted then to flash the bios so I could disable the check for the fan ...
Before modding anything, I went to HP website and downloaded the official update BIOS 8.14 Rev.A - sp60662 (available here).

Unfortunately, HP only give executables that works on Window (safuwin.exe) and my pc runs on Linux ... I created a bootable usb key and tried to launch the FLASH.bat but with no luck. I tried then with different version of afudos but got "46 - Error : Problem getting flash info" or a " - Error : BIOS is write-protected".

I don't really want to create a dual boot on my hdd just for that. Is there another way to flash the bios from Dos or Linux ?

Thanks
I finally flashed the bios by creating a windows 10 live USB key (found here : https://telecharger.malekal.com/download/live-cd-malekal/) and by adding the files downloaded from HP on it.

Now, the next step is to unlock more options ...