Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Question ASUS Prime B550M-K motherboard but has a G10DK Bios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I was given multiple pc parts including an ASUS Prime B550M-K motherboard. I put everything together and booted up and I am having some issues with blue screen 0xc0000428 error and "BIOS recovery mode mode has been detected" screens. Tried to see if I needed a BIOS update and once I boot into BIOS settings, I noticed it identifies my board as a G10DK board, which seems to be part of a prebuild? My motherboard clearly shows that it's a B550M-K on the board itself. I downloaded the BIOS update for the B550M-K but EZflash does not recognize it as a proper BIOS file for some reason. I downloaded the B550M-K BIOS as a .CAP file. I can install the latest G10DK BIOS but I was already running that anyway, it comes as a .309 file which is also the version number of the latest BIOS. Same thing for the previous G10DK BIOS v.307 coming as a .307 file.

Is there something going on here with the motherboard since it was apparently taken out of a prebuild? And is there any way to force flash the proper BIOS on my PC without using EZflash? I've reinstalled Windows and completely formatted all of my drives and still there are errors, so I'm thinking it's this BIOS mix-up that is the problem. I can boot into Windows usually after rebooting from getting an error screen.