Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Compaq NC6400 (completely lost)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I am not even sure if my BIOS is an Award BIOS, but from what little I can find on my laptop, I assume it is...if I am wrong, please just move thread, not delete.

Motherboard Make/Model: Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq nc6400 (RM100AW#ABA)
Bios Version You Want Modding: 68YCU Ver. F.0B (newest)
Link To Official Bios Download

I can provide more info, but that is just the 3 things mentioned to say in the "How to request) thread.

Anyways, I have been looking everywhere and whenever I think I am making progress I get completely lost...meaning its time to ask for help. I want my BIOS to have any and all features unlock/unhidden, but more importantly I really just want to change the minimum shared memory size of the Intel 945GM (graphics chip).

Thanks to anyone who can help.
Sorry but this is a special format of HP bios called a ROMPAQ bios. These bioses cannot be unlocked at present , as nobody has worked out how to decompress them!

Regards
Admin
I am not sure if you are looking to give the chip more memory or reduce but try this it's an app designed to tweak the intel onboard chips as much as they were ever really designed to be. maybe this will solve your problem. I have a few old dells with the 900 series chips running on them and it works great. there's a donation/payed version and a freebie version. both equally good. only diff is auto update really. so no biggie either way! hope this helps in some way! Big Grin

http://www.gmabooster.com/download.htm

(06-11-2010, 05:29 AM)EarthBoundX5 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I am not even sure if my BIOS is an Award BIOS, but from what little I can find on my laptop, I assume it is...if I am wrong, please just move thread, not delete.

Motherboard Make/Model: Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq nc6400 (RM100AW#ABA)
Bios Version You Want Modding: 68YCU Ver. F.0B (newest)
Link To Official Bios Download

I can provide more info, but that is just the 3 things mentioned to say in the "How to request) thread.

Anyways, I have been looking everywhere and whenever I think I am making progress I get completely lost...meaning its time to ask for help. I want my BIOS to have any and all features unlock/unhidden, but more importantly I really just want to change the minimum shared memory size of the Intel 945GM (graphics chip).

Thanks to anyone who can help.