Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: How to modify ROM to allow SR-iov enable/disable?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I have a chinese "x79" motherboard, this board is sold as the x79-turbo, I need to figure out how to add an SR-iov option to the bios. I have pulled a copy of the rom via a flashrom on Linux and a pomona clip. 

Presently I have used UEFItool to look at the rom from the x79 board as well as a rom from another board which is known to have SR-iov as an option. both boards are lga2011 intended for Xeon cpus with c602 chipsets. Therefore I am inclined to believe that the hardware supports SR-iov but the option to enable is simply not in the stock Chinese bios since the board was built more as a cheap gaming system rather than a server board.

I am totally new to modifying bios and do not know how this could be done, I have looked around on here and other places and it seems that the bulk of the info is regarding how to flash the bios and little info on how to actually modify a rom. 

It is quite likely that I am just not searching for the correct terms and therefore not finding the resources. 

If anyone has insight they could offer it would be greatly appreciated, I am not afraid to get my hands dirty modifying the rom myself I just do not understand how bios are constructed and therefore how to change them to add flags/switches.

here is the x99 board which has sr-iov as an option

[Image: 9Xh9yGf.png]

When I search for "sr-iov" on the rom I pulled from the x79-turbo, it returns nothing:

[Image: AWKUzDS.png]