Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] HP Laptop 15 Insyde BIOS unlock request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings, I'm trying to edit my laptop's SMBIOS data in order to work around a HWID ban.

I got all the appropriate tools, but when changing serial numbers and other data it gave back a message "d8 is read only".

I used an UEFI shell with H20SDE-Sx46.efi tool, I'm unable to use any HP DMI exe tools because I wasn't able to boot from a DOS flash drive.

I need to unlock my BIOS to allow writing a new serial number, UUID etc. and also to unlock the advanced settings menu as well.

further information:
-Model: HP Laptop 15-dw3xxx
-Model Codename: 1A3Y0AV
-CPU:11th Gen i5-1135G7
-BIOS Version: Insyde F.57

BIOS Link: HP Laptop 15-dw3xxx BIOS Firmware Utility

I greatly appreciate any help!  Heart
If you install a BIOS compatible with your laptop which has clear DMI data region. The HP laptop will enter the MPM mode and you'd be able to change HWIDs.
But to do this is the main difficulty. I don't know any software method.

CH341A tool + soldering iron are required.
(12-22-2022, 04:26 PM)Maxinator500 Wrote: [ -> ]If you install a BIOS compatible with your laptop which has clear DMI data region. The HP laptop will enter the MPM mode and you'd be able to change HWIDs.
But to do this is the main difficulty. I don't know any software method.

CH341A tool + soldering iron are required.
ah, i understand... thank you so much for the information!
i will see what i can do about these since i have not enough knowledge and not the appropriate tools.
what game are you trying to spoof?