Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Need Progam to Rebunble Bios EXE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've tried searching the forums but maybe I am typing in the wrong search string. I have modified my BIOS....I think and I want to repack to the EXE file. I used Universal Extractor to originally separate the EXE file.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance
We could help if you gave us a link to the bios you downloaded and the file that you want to repackage

Admin
(06-12-2010, 03:56 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]We could help if you gave us a link to the bios you downloaded and the file that you want to repackage

Admin

Sorry...here is the link

http://www.sony-asia.com/support/downloa...vgn-ux37gn

It's a Sony EXE that flashes the BIOS from Windows. I used phoenix bios editor to change the wph file and I want to pack everything back up into its original EXE file so I can test it. When I unpack it these are the files that I get
1: Phlash9X.vxd
2: PhlashNT
3: WBFLASH
4: WinPhlash
5: PhlashLc.dll
6: R0112N2.WPH
7: WBFLASH

Thanks
You dont need to repackage it , just execute Winphlash and tell it to flash the R0112N2.WPH file. All the exe does is extract all these files then run Winphlash anyway

Admin
(06-12-2010, 08:56 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]You dont need to repackage it , just execute Winphlash and tell it to flash the R0112N2.WPH file. All the exe does is extract all these files then run Winphlash anyway

Admin

Thanks!
(06-12-2010, 08:56 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]You dont need to repackage it , just execute Winphlash and tell it to flash the R0112N2.WPH file. All the exe does is extract all these files then run Winphlash anyway

Admin

OOPS!!!! When I try to flash it says "this bios is current, no need to update" how do I get around this? Should I change the file name or try to reflash an earlier bios version?
To get around this , follow the tutorial in this forum to make a bootable DOS USB/CD/DVD and flash using that to bypass the same version message

Regards
Admin
(06-13-2010, 01:54 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]To get around this , follow the tutorial in this forum to make a bootable DOS USB/CD/DVD and flash using that to bypass the same version message

Regards
Admin

Thanks!
(06-13-2010, 01:54 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]To get around this , follow the tutorial in this forum to make a bootable DOS USB/CD/DVD and flash using that to bypass the same version message

Regards
Admin

Just quickly, which flash should I use? WBFLASH (Sony) or WinPhlash (Phoenix)? I'm assuming Phoenix but I just wanted to double check.

Thanks
neither , use phlash16

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/phlash16.exe

Regards
Admin
(06-13-2010, 04:47 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]neither , use phlash16

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/phlash16.exe

Regards
Admin

Okay sorry to be a pain......I followed the tutorial but it doesn't automatically flash the bios. It gives me what looks like a list of commands. Not sure what to do next. I've attached pictures. I just want to make sure I do it right the first time.
Thanks
[attachment=975]
[attachment=976]
[attachment=977]
the commands you are specifying are not valid for phoenix the /py /sn etc are only for award bioses

Try running phlash16 R0112N2.WPH

Best of luck!

Admin