Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Biostar NF520-A2 6.0 CPU Microcode Update Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, looks like I may be out of luck on this board. I spent some time today editing the cpucode.bin file in the latest BIOS, adding CPU code from newer boards. Still no luck with the Phenom POSTing. Must be something with the ACPI table or something. The board powers up and all fans go at full speed, so who knows what's going on. Any suggestions appreciated, but at this point I think I'll probably just be looking for a new board.
Modifying CPUCODE.BIN will not accomplish anything in the way o CPU support, I'm guessing its because you are lacking a proper AGESA/MEMINIT. See if you can find any other similar boards we can steal support from.

TheWiz
Interesting. I guess I don't know enough about how these things work to get them going. Well, at any rate, the cpucode.bin has been modded and reinserted - this bios does not have non-compressed microcode. What should I be looking for in AGESA/MEMINIT? This board didn't have a MEMINIT bin, and the AGESA stolen from a Gigabyte board earlier in the thread caused issues with ACPI. Biostar has a number of NF520 boards, some with Phenom support.
Just for kicks I pulled the AGESA out of the NF520 A2 TE BIOS (supports Phenoms) and stuck into my board's BIOS. Still no POST. Same BSOD behavior as with the first modded BIOS.
Sorry its been so long on this I have a European tour I am going on and won't be back till 7-6-10, but when I do this will be on my TODO.

Thanks,
TheWiz
Pages: 1 2