Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Find BIOS manufacturer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

Can you please help me identify who is my laptop bios manufacturer?
I have this laptop - https://uk.dynabook.com/laptops/portege/...-overview/
Bios come as exe file, uefitool can't do anything with it Sad
I really want to have unlocked bios as fan profile in this laptop is horrible
Generally fan control is handled by your EC (embedded controller). You can write to this controller using RWeverything (Windows) or ec-probe via NBFC (Linux). Finding the registers to write to is the difficult part and usually requires dumping DSDTs and SSDTs from your bios and finding descriptors for your fan.
(01-18-2023, 10:38 PM)SlayerProof32 Wrote: [ -> ]Generally fan control is handled by your EC (embedded controller). You can write to this controller using RWeverything (Windows) or ec-probe via NBFC (Linux). Finding the registers to write to is the difficult part and usually requires dumping DSDTs and SSDTs from your bios and finding descriptors for your fan.
Thank you, curious if anyone one can do this for me on forum, for example if i pay for
sorry if i said something stupid, not sure how things works here
I really need to have proper fan control and better voltage, laptop is perfect for my need, but thermal management is not setup very nice Sad
Actually bios is AMI, found in msinfo32