Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Success] [Bios Mod] Dell XPS L321X EFI boot enabled + Advanced menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I solved it! Thank you very much! Can this thread be moved under Unlocked Phoenix Bios: Dell?
Did you also manage to enable EFI boot?
Yes. It was in one of the disabled menus...
Hello all and thanks for this super intresting thread.

I'm new to bios mods and want to enable UEFI on my L321X. Will the following work if I understand correctly?

- Get L321x-Modded.cap from this post

- Flash it using the "replace .cap in the temp folder" method.

Is anything else needed?

Btw dell provides an .exe file that can be run from a live DOS usb (for guys like myself not running windows). Maybe there is a way to modify the .exe?
(01-30-2023, 02:24 AM)chatziko Wrote: [ -> ]Btw dell provides an .exe file that can be run from a live DOS usb (for guys like myself not running windows).
Hello.
Live CD no go as well?
(01-30-2023, 02:24 AM)chatziko Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe there is a way to modify the .exe?
I don't know, I haven't tried.
Considering that for replacing the .cap file stored in the executable we have the PhoenixTool that can hypothetically do this, beside this you'll need to disable the SHA-1 check at least.
(01-24-2023, 09:29 PM)SlayerProof32 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. It was in one of the disabled menus...

I have a Dell XPS L321X too.  However, I got "ERROR 105 - Command line error" when I tried the method to flash your copy of the modd bios.  Any idea how to resolve this?
Pages: 1 2