Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] HP Pavilion zv6000/Compaq Presario R4000 dual-core support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I noticed this thread was merged with another one of a similar title and I noticed the links were dead for the donor (possibly? don't think its the same BIOS but i'd encourage findings) and for the original zv6000 BIOS file. I already posted F.1C's BIOS.WPH file but I will need to re-upload the pa58x.zip file.
Can you make CPU-Z TXT report with this CPU and compatible motherboard?
Unfortunately I do not have any other 939-compatible motherboards. The BIOS I uploaded in the last post was one I had to mirror because the original link in this thread got deleted. Here's the zv6000's original BIOS if you need it.
I'm sorry. I can't help.
If I were to track down an RS480-based 939 motherboard that can run the 64 X2, would that help solve the issue?
I think it will not help.
Well thanks for the input anyways... I had a suspicion that it wasn't going to be easily possible since HP BIOS images are painful to mod but I had this curiosity for a while. I will submit a CPU-Z TXT report in case it will be of use (since it does have CPU ID variables and whatnot, which may be useful for troubleshooting) but for now I've decided to put the Athlon 64 4000+ back in.
It seems that there are still people looking for a solution which would be interesting to be honest. I dug up my old Presario R4100 with an Athlon 64 3200+ and have ordered an x2 3800+ (ADA3800DAA5BV, not ADA3800DAA5CD) fully expecting for it to only partially work.

I can provide all the files and screenshots required while i wait for the x2 to arrive. Cheers!
(11-21-2023, 07:25 AM)DidiMidi Wrote: [ -> ]It seems that there are still people looking for a solution which would be interesting to be honest. I dug up my old Presario R4100 with an Athlon 64 3200+ and have ordered an x2 3800+ (ADA3800DAA5BV, not ADA3800DAA5CD) fully expecting for it to only partially work.

I can provide all the files and screenshots required while i wait for the x2 to arrive. Cheers!
Any updates on this?
Pages: 1 2