Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Disabling ACPI Controller at GA-965p DS3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, im kinda new here, and to be honest i mostly registered to get help with a thingy.

Here's the situation; i restarted my comp after nothing special, it worked perfectly for about 2 years or so, but this very time it halted booting at:
"PCI Devices Listing . . .
ACPI Controller IRQ 9"

I've tried just about everything from reflashing/updating my bios, removing all unnessecary gear/graphic cards/soundcard/disks and so on.
If i try to boot with a CD instead of booting up a harddrive it works, but if i just have a CD in the drive and dont boot the CD it says the following: booting cd press any button to continue (or what not) . . . . . if i dont press anything the computer still freezes, and wierd red colours with some wierd rune symbols pop up and all that helps is a reboot.

Im not quite sure what to make of it, and i do realize that this is not a support forum for noobs, but rather a bios modding forum. Still. Is there any way i can turn of the bloody ACPI Controller? When i scout around in my bios i found that i can make a simple setting like ST1 or ST3 or something like that, but i want to try to entirely shut it off to see if it works.

Ive googled around for many different solutions to this problem, and i can honestly say that ive tried most of them that makes sense, but nothing works.

plx help out lols.