Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Lenovo IdeaPad Y530
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,
I would like to ask for help.
Some time ago I decided that I replace an old HDD to SDD, I did swap and I tried install Windows 10 (!) After the computer booted from USB I was surprised black screen (I red in the internet that on this model is hard to install W10). So I rebooted computer and I tried install Windows 7. Windows 7 did not install too, but without black screen. I turned off computer. After that I could not turned it on.  Computer flashed only for few seconds and turned off.
No idea what happened. I went to the laptop service and they told my that GPU is dead/or motherboard or both.
Well, I thought, old laptop maybe I did not have a luck
I decided to buy new parts. I found used but working motherboard and gpu. I decided to buy "green motherboard" DDR3 and nVidia Geforce 9600M GS, before I had a yellow/gold - DDR2 and GPU nvidia Gefore 9300M GS 
I installed everything in order, connect all cables, tapes etc..
Laptop turned on, everything is "working" (I believe), CPU, GPU, north-bridge, are warm and fan is spinning, but I have a black screen, no display, even if I connected external monitor. 
What I think maybe my BIOS doesn't work correctly with GPU, or WiFi, or something else. I would like to flash new unlocked one and try.
What I know laptop's bios has got something like "white list" I would like to remove all blockage.
Has anyone here can share with me unlocked bios or shall I do it myself but I do not know which module and what to edit in Hex editor.
I could not find any solution for my laptop, it is not popular. 
I know that this is an old laptop and maybe it is not worth to save it but I like it and I would like to get it to run.
For any thought I would be very gratefully.
Thanks
Michael,